What do you need to know about Sciatica!
Sciatica is manifesting through pain in the lower back, buttocks, going down the back of the leg, hamstrings, and sometimes all the way down the leg to your feet and all this through the sciatic nerve coming from the lumbar section of your spine.
Sciatica it’s an underlying medical condition caused by lumbar herniate disc, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis or muscle tightness in the lumbar area or buttocks.
Symptoms associate with Sciatica:
- Constant pain on one side of the buttocks or leg
- Pain sometimes its worse when sitting
- Pain in the leg, often described as burning sensation, tingling or searing
- Weakness, numbness & difficulty moving the leg or foot.
- Sharp pain in the leg or lower back, may be difficult to stand up or walkThis symptoms usually occurs when the sciatic nerve is irritated or compressed in the lumbar section of the spine, more exactly L3 – L5, or the piriformis muscle.
Physical Therapy and Exercise for Sciatica
Physical therapy massage & exercises incorporating, a combination of strengthening, stretching, and aerobic conditioning are a central component of almost any sciatica treatment plan.
When patients get a deep tissue massage & engage in a regular program of gentle exercises, they can recover more quickly from sciatica pain and are less likely to have future episodes of pain.